Frequently asked questions
What Kinds of Doors Do You Install?
Hale Pet Doors
The Doggy Door with the Most Comprehensive Warranty! Hale Pet Doors come with a 5 Year Warranty that includes the flaps! Because the flaps are the ‘moving parts’ of the pet door, they are the parts that are most likely to wear out. Other pet door companies will not guarantee their flaps – in fact, most recommend that you replace them yearly at your cost.
The only insulated security panel on the market! Features include: Impact-resistant insulated security panels, strongest protection & security available and dead-bolt designer locking pin for maximum security.
Endura Flap Pet Doors manufactures a premium line of energy-efficient pet doors right here in the USA. They're designed to keep the inside temperature of the home just the way the customer likes.
Security Boss manufactures products for residential and commercial applications. Stringent standards are enforced during fabrication to ensure that every product we make will give our customers years of satisfaction and use.
What Services Do You Provide?
Pet Door Installations:
We can install a pet door through a wall, door, glass and other surfaces.
We offer replacement doors that come with a pet door installed. These doors are specifically designed for your home and your pets needs.
If you need help with the type of door to purchase or where to place in your home, we are here to help. Give us a call or send an email and we will recommend the ideal solution for you.
Why A Pet Door?
A pet door gives your pet the freedom of going outside whenever they need, particularly with the ever-changing weather here in the DFW. Sometimes it is hard to make it home on time or plan for your dogs' welfare for the day. With a pet door installed in your home, it can give
you and your pet freedom to get out of the house when they need.
Where Do I Put My Pet Door?
When choosing the location for your pet door, take into consideration:
- Size of your pet.
- Where do you want to install? Think about the traffic patterns both inside and outside the house for pets and people.
- Ease or difficulty your pet may experience using the pet door when it's older, where will be the easiest access point for your pet?
- Use of the pet door by all of your pets if you have dogs and cats of different sizes
- Be sure the tallest animal doesn't rub the top of the door for its well being as well as premature wear of the flaps
- If you have short-legged pets be sure to get a panel model door with a low or no rise panel or place the pet door low on the wall or door.
- There are many options to choose from and we can help you choose which one best fits you and your pet needs.
How Do You Install A Pet Door Into a Wall?
When installing a pet door into a wall, take into consideration:
- There are a wide variety of options of where the door can be placed.
- Can be customized to fit your houses look.
- Pet door can be removed and wall repaired like new with the cutouts that we will leave you
- Pet door can be installed on any wall, no matter the material or width.
- Professional installation is recommended, there are often electrical wires, pipes, studs that run through the walls, let us install the pet door for you
How Do You Install A Pet Door Into a Door?
When installing a pet door into a door, take into consideration:
- Pet doors can be installed in almost any door
- Wood door
- Metal door
- Hollow core interior doors
- Raised panel doors
- French doors- an individual pane of glass or a single sheet of glass
- If you decide that you do not want to cut a hole in your existing door, we can provide you with a new door of your choice with the pet door installed. We then can install the new door and paint or stain to match. In doing so, if you decide to move the door in the future the door can easily be switched to the original door if needed. Call me for a price and more info.
How Do You Install A Pet Door Into a Window?
When installing a pet door into glass, take into consideration:
- This is the most attractive and unobtrusive option for glass door or window installation. Patio inserts could take up more space than you desire. In this case, we do have quite a few pet doors that can be installed directly in the glass door. Some possible locations for your in glass pet door installation are:
- Sliding patio door
- French doors
- Basement window
- Picture window
- Single pane window
- Double pane window
- This particular style may take more time than others, a consultation will need to be scheduled so the glass can be measured and to discuss options, price and time frame.
- The glass will be replaced and you will retain the original glass, which can quickly and easily be replaced when it's time to move.
- Hale Pet Door is the originator of true through-glass cat and dog doors. Because your tempered glass must Most in glass pet doors cost about $800 to $1,000 depending on the sizes of the pet door and the glass that is replaced.
What Areas Do You Serve?
All of DFW and the surrounding areas. In other words:
Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, Irving, Garland, Grand Prairie, McKinney, Frisco, Mesquite, Carrollton, Denton, Richardson, Lewisville, Addison, Allen, Anna, Azle, Balch Springs, Bedford, Benbrook, Burleson, Cedar Hill, Celina, Cleburne, Colleyville, Coppell, Corinth, Crowley, DeSoto, Duncanville, Ennis, Euless, Farmers Branch, Fate, Flower Mound, Forest Hill, Forney, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Greenville, Haltom City, Highland Village, Hurst, Keller, Lancaster, Little Elm, Mansfield, Midlothian, Murphy, North Richland Hills, Prosper, Red Oak, Rockwall, Rowlett, Royse City, Sachse, Saginaw, Seagoville, Southlake, Terrell, The Colony, Trophy Club, University Park, Watauga, Waxahachie, Weatherford, White Settlement, Wylie, Aledo, Alma, Alvarado, Alvord, Annetta North, Annetta South, Annetta, Argyle, Aubrey, Aurora, Bardwell, Bartonville, Blue Mound, Blue Ridge, Boyd, Briar, Briaroaks, Bridgeport, Caddo Mills, Campbell, Celeste, Chico, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Commerce, Cool, Cooper, Copper Canyon, Corral City, Cottonwood, Crandall, Cross Roads, Cross Timber, Dalworthington Gardens, Decatur, DeCordova, Dennis, Double Oak, Eagle Mountain, Edgecliff Village, Everman, Fairview, Farmersville, Ferris, Garrett, Glen Rose, Godley, Granbury, Grandview, Grays Prairie, Gun Barrel City, Hackberry, Haslet, Hawk Cove, Heath, Hebron, Hickory Creek, Highland Park, Hudson Oaks, Hutchins, Italy, Josephine, Joshua, Justin, Kaufman, Keene, Kemp, Krum, Lake Bridgeport, Lake Dallas, Lake Worth, Lakeside, Lakewood Village, Lavon, Lincoln Park, Lone Oak, Lowry Crossing, Lucas, Mabank, Maypearl, Melissa, Milford, Millsap, Mobile City, Nevada, New Fairview, New Hope, Newark, Neylandville, Northlake, Oak Grove, Oak Leaf, Oak Point, Oak Ridge, Ovilla, Palmer, Pantego, Paradise, Parker, Pecan Acres, Pecan Hill, Pelican Bay, Pilot Point, Ponder, Post Oak Bend City, Princeton, Providence Village, Quinlan, Rendon, Reno, Rhome, Richland Hills, Rio Vista, River Oaks, Roanoke, Rosser, Runaway Bay, Saint Paul, Sanctuary, Sanger, Sansom Park, Scurry, Shady Shores, Springtown, Sunnyvale, Talty, Union Valley, Van Alstyne, Venus, West Tawakoni, Westlake, Weston, Westover Hills, Westworth Village, Willow Park, Wilmer, Wolfe City
What If I Sell My House?
First off, don’t remove that door! If you want to sell your house, it is probably an upgrade appreciated by the new owner. If you have an in wall, in door, the process can be reversed with some new siding, or a new door. In the case of an in glass, we will leave you the old glass, simply have the glass (without the pet door) replaced in your door.